Tutorial: Scalloped Hem Skirt
After the positive reaction I received on yesterday's post, I couldn't help but put a tutorial together. Make sure the skirt you are starting with is 2"-3" longer than you want the finished length to be.
1. Pick out the hem on your skirt and iron it flat.
2. Leave the skirt right side out. Fold 2"-3" of fabric out and pin it in place.
3. Using a round template (I used a cup with a 3" diameter) and a marking pen, draw your scallop pattern.
4. Carefully follow your template with the sewing machine.
5. Trim excess fabric, making sure to cut as high as possible between each scallop.
6. Flip the scallops in and press with high heat and steam.
posted on Tuesday, April 24, 2012