I got an email request from Melanie a few weeks ago,
I'm 5'8" tall, but I feel like I photograph much shorter . I know that you can change your camera angle to look taller, but I was curious (aside from wearing a completely monochromatic outfit) what are some different styles I can try to look taller? Do you know any look-taller style secrets?
Here are a few tips for looking as long and lean as possible:
- Go monochromatic.
- Contrast color or texture with a an open blazer or cardigan for maximum vertical lines.
- Any stripes on the garment should be vertical.
- Match tights to skirt or pant and shoe color (or opt for a nude shoe with bare legs).
- Use long necklaces or pendants and avoid chokers.
- Wear skirts that are longer than they are wide.
- Choose shoes with at least an inch heel: the taller the better.
- Elongate the neck with V-necks.
- Make sure you stand up straight!
Do you guys have any tips to share for looking tall? Leave 'em below.
Thanks for reading,